Thursday, February 27, 2020

Photoshop Morphing - Human Coloured Chameleon

Original Lizard
Original Texture
Final Product
Layers

Steps:
  1. Put down The lizard image
  2. Selected out parts I wanted, using the quick selection tool and cut and copied it onto a new layer using the Ctrl - j shortcut while selected.
  3. While the new layer is active, I pressed Ctrl-Shift-U to strip away its colour and used Ctrl - J to dupe my layer. This purpose serves as a base for my displacement layer I will use later.
  4. Next, I hid the most recently duped layer and Ctrl-clicked the new layer button while active on my displacement layer.
  5. I then took my paint bucket tool to fill in the blank new layer with white.
  6. Afterwards, I selected my layer 1 and filtered it. First I filtered it with Noise > Median with a level of 5, then I filtered it with some Blur > Gaussian with a level of 2.
  7. Then I merged the white blank layer with the displacement layer and duplicated it onto a new psd by pressing right-click on the layer and selecting "new" under the document option.
  8. With this, I saved it as a psd file and named it displacement for my convenience later on. I also deleted my original displacement layer on the lizard.psd tab for also my convenience.
  9. Furthermore, I opened up my texture file and dragged it over to my reptile document, by using the move tool and pressing shift over the tab.
  10. I stretched the material to make sure it fitted the increments of my lizard picture.
  11. With the Texture layer active, I added a distortion filter. I did this by pressing filter > Distort > Displace and selected my displacement file. I then put the numbers 40-40 in my x and y scale, however, the numbers in the scale vary with the image.
  12. Next, I highlighted my lizard layer by Ctrl-clicking the layer's image and then making my texture layer active, then clicked the layer mask icon to remove any excess texture.
  13. To finish off, I clicked on the texture's image on the layers tab and up above changed its blend to overlay.
  14. Now that the skin texture is on the reptile, I merged the texture and reptile layer together, and copied it using Ctrl - c and pasting it onto a new background of my choice with Ctrl - v. I then used Ctrl- T to move and resize it into place.
  15. To touch up, i used the dodge and burn tool to add shading effects.
  16. Finally, I added my blogspot address, and finished off by saving and exporting it as a png.

No comments:

Post a Comment