Wednesday, February 26, 2020

Photoshop Morphing - Wooden David

Original David


Original Texture - Wood Tiles


Combination


Layers

Steps:
  1. To start off, I put the picture of the David statue down.
  2. Next, I selected parts of the statue that I wanted using the quick selection tool. To precisely pick the parts, I utilized the quick masking feature, by pressing "Q" constantly to highlight the parts that haven't been selected and using the brush tool on the white colour, to smooth out the selection.
  3. After selecting the parts I wanted, I cut and pasted my selection onto a new layer by using the Ctrl - J function, and stripped its colour by pressing Ctrl-Shift-U.
  4. Next I duped the layer by pressing Ctrl - J and hid it (I did this to create a displacement layer for later). Now that this step is done, I am set to start texture wrapping.
  5. To start, I selected my non-coloured visible layer, and Ctrl-clicked the new layer button, to create a new layer underneath.
  6. Then I took my paint bucket tool to fill in my new layer with white.
  7. After that, I went back to my David layer and started filtering it. The filters I used were, Median-noise and made it 5 pixels, then Gaussian-blur with 2 pixels. The reason why I filtered it, because it makes the texture wrapping seem less sharp, thus making the wrap look less edged and more realistic.
  8. Now that the filtering is done, I merged the white background layer and the filtered layer to create a displacement layer. I then duplicated that layer onto a new documentation by selecting the "new" option under the document option. On that new page, I saved it as a psd and named it "displacement" for my convenience in later use.
  9. Furthermore, I opened up my texture file in a new tab and dragged and dropped it over, by using the move tool and pressing shift over my David.psd tab.
  10. I then stretched the material to fit the increments of my David image.
  11. On the material layer, I then used the distort-filter displacement and selected my displacement.psd I had created earlier. This distorted the image and making the wrapping look more realistic with my statue. I used the numbers 40-40 in the x and y scales to fit better with my statue, however, these numbers were experimental and happened to fit my image well.
  12. Next, I Ctrl-clicked my David layer underneath and then made my material layer active, then clicked the layer mask icon to mask out the excess texture.
  13. To finish off the texture change, I clicked on the material image on the layers tab and up above changed its blend to overlay.
  14. Now that the texture is changed, I merged the texture and statue layers together and copied with Ctrl - C, opened up some kind of background I found online in a separate tab, and pasted the wooden David onto the new background and moved it with Ctrl - T to make it seem more into place.
  15. To touch up, I added some dodge burn effects around the statue to adjust the shading with its background.
  16. Finally, I then added my blog spot address and finished off by saving it and exporting it as a PNG.

No comments:

Post a Comment