Thursday, February 27, 2020

Photoshop Tutorial - Tomato Cage

Original Head
Original Texture
  
Final Product
Layers
Steps:
  1. To start I put down the image of the head
  2. Selected the parts that I wanted (just the face). Then cut and copied it onto a new layer using Ctrl-J while the face is selected.
  3. While the new layer is active, I pressed Ctrl-Shift-U to remove its colour and used Ctrl - J to create a base layer for displacement later.
  4. Next, I hid the most recently duped layer and Ctrl-Clicked the new layer button while active on the base layer.
  5. I then filled in that new layer with white, using the paint bucket tool.
  6. After that, I selected my displacement layer and filtered it. The filters I used were Noise > Median with an intensity of 5, and then Blur > Gaussian with a level of 2.
  7. Then I merged the white blank layer with the displacement layer and duped it onto a new PSD by pressing right-click on the layer and selecting "new" under the documentation options.
  8. With this, I saved it as a PSD file and named it displacement for my convenience later on. To further my convenience I deleted my original displacement layer.
  9. Next, I opened up my texture file and cut pasted it onto my project's tab.
  10. I stretched my textures image using Ctrl - T to fit the size of the head.
  11. While the texture layer is still active, I added a distortion filter. I did this by pressing filter > distort > displace and selected my displacement layer copy.
  12. Afterward, I highlighted the head by ctrl-clicking the image of the layer, then made my texture layer active and pressed the layer mask icon to remove any surplus texture.
  13. Then finally to finish off my texture change, I selected my texture and above changed its blend from normal to overlay.
  14. To add some more features, I added a new background by merging the texture and the filtered head together and copied it using Ctrl - C and pasting it onto a new background I found online using Ctrl - V
  15. I also had to move the head into place using Ctrl - T and used the clone stamp tool to blend the tomato with the tomato I replaced for my background.
  16. To touch up, I added some dodge and burn effects to added some shading and added my blog spot address to finish off.

No comments:

Post a Comment